Monday, November 25, 2013

Thai Coconut Curry with Chicken and Bok Choy

Thai curries are one of my most favorite things in the world.  Seriously.  They are amazingly comforting and so full of flavor.  When I got Saturday's CSA and saw the baby bok choy I knew what I had to do.  I grabbed some mushrooms and bamboo shoots at the store and went along my merry-curry-making way.  The recipe I used as a base is from the book Thai Cooking Made Easy.  This is a must have book for Thai food enthusiasts.  It is concise and straight forward and has a variety of delicious recipes to choose from!  And its very affordable : ) 

Ingredients

1 lb boneless chicken breast cut into 1/4 slices
2 T. oil
1 small can of curry paste (I used panang, mae ploy brand is best)
2 cans of good quality coconut milk (do not get lite or skimp on the quality here.  Rich milk means a rich curry!)
4 T. fish sauce
2 T palm sugar
Juice of one lime
1 bunch of baby bok choy, chopped in 1" pieces
1 small container of mushrooms
1 small can of bamboo shoots
Small handful of basil leaves

Preperation

Stir fry oil, curry paste, and 8 tablespoons of coconut milk until fragrant.  Add chicken, remaining coconut milk, fish sauce, palm sugar, and lime juice and bring to a soft boil.  Cook for 10 minutes.  Add mushrooms, bok choy, and bamboo shoots and cook 5 more minute.  Add basil leaves just before finish.  Serve over hot rice or noodles.  






No comments:

Post a Comment